Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy
OTC is committed to ensure the talents and resources of employees and learners are utilised to the full and that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, social class, colour, race or ethnic origins or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be relevant to performance.
OTC recognises and reflects the positive contributions of men and women of different social backgrounds, cultures, religions, abilities and sexual orientation.
OTC aims to achieve its Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy by:
- Fulfiling its social responsibilities towards its employees and learners and the communities in which it operates.
- Recognise its legal obligations under the Equality Act 2010.
- Review periodically its selection criteria and procedures to maintain a system where individuals are selected promoted and treated solely on the basis of their merits and abilities, which are appropriate to the job.
- Seeking to give all Diversity and Equal Opportunities encouragement to progress within the organisation by implementing an ongoing action programme.
- Distribute and publicising this policy statement throughout the organisation and elsewhere as is from time to time appropriate.
- Providing facilities for any employee or learner who believes that inequitable treatment has been applied to him or her within the scope of this policy to raise the matter through the appropriate grievance procedures.
- Where found necessary training will be provided for employees which will enhance their understanding of the need for an equal opportunity programme.
If after applying the Company procedures anyone found of committing an act of discrimination or harassment as explained about will be subject to Disciplinary Action.
This policy also extends to the conduct of employees when attending work related functions and courses. Employees need to be aware that they are representatives of OTC at social events which are related to work.
- About OTC
- Job Vacancies
- Case Studies
- Contact Us