January 2020 brings changes to apprenticeship funding.
The digital apprenticeship service (DAS) is an online service that was introduced for large, levy paying employers, to choose and pay for apprenticeship training more easily.
From January 2020, SME’s will also be able to access the service to manage apprenticeships and reserve funding for future investment.
The aim of the system is to release providers and employers from the previous contracting system. There will be a transition period to enable providers with non-levy contracts to provide apprenticeship funding until the transition is complete, and all employers of apprentices are using the system.
What does this mean for you?
You will be able to:
- Estimate apprenticeship funding by selecting suitable apprenticeship standards
- Choose a high-quality training provider
- Recruit an apprentice
- Manage your apprenticeship funding
- Add an apprentice and authorise payment to the training provider
- Delegate your training provider to manage the system on your behalf
To register for an account, visit the link below: –
If you have any queries or concerns, or would like support, please contact Melanie on 0161 624 5360.